I was born in Christchurch, lived many years in Wellington and now live in Auckland with my partner. I am a mother to two adult children.
My background is in teaching, in communications management and in business.
I am a full member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors, the governing body for counsellors in New Zealand. I am an approved counsellor with ACC and Victim Support. I have excellent supervision to support the quality of my counselling practice and I take part in ongoing professional development.
BA in History and English (University of Canterbury)
Diploma in Teaching (Christchurch College of Education)
PG Diploma in Education (Victoria University)
Masters in Counselling (The University of Auckland)
Recently I have completed:
- Working with Grief and Loss – A Mindful Approach (with Judy Arpana)
- ASIST Suicide Prevention (with Lifeline Aotearoa)
- Couples Counselling (with Kaaren Frater-Mathieson)
- A Day with Mason Durie (with Professor Sir Mason Durie)
- Small Figurines (with John Barton)
- The Creative Potential of Journaling (with Dr Jeannie Wright)
- Working with Simple & Complex Trauma (with Judy Lightstone)
- Advanced Sandtray Therapy (with Alison Smith and Kathy Symons)
- The Neuroscience of Depression (with Dr Pieter Rossouw)
- Happiness and Wellbeing (with Tony Fernando, Lucy Hone and Aaron Jarden)
- Talking about Psychiatry (with Dr Helen Nelson)
- ACT- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (with Dr Russ Harris)
- The Neuroscience of Memory and Trauma (with Dr Pieter Rossouw)
- Mindfulness (with Renew Your Mind)